[Zope] Re: ImportError: cannot import name base_hasattr

tonylabarbara at aol.com tonylabarbara at aol.com
Wed Feb 28 14:10:27 EST 2007

Maciej Wisniowski recently responded something to the effect of that I should take a look at my PYTHONPATH and gave me the address for subscribing to Plone.
Thank you. I subscribed and posted to Plone, but after a day have received no response :(
I looked at my PYTHONPATH, as per your suggestion, but it seemed to be in order. Furthermore, if it were not correct, how could I pull up Zope in any case? I can launch Zope, I just have a problem with the below-mentioned product installation (and maybe others after it).
TIA,
Tony

Hi:
This really should go to the Plone list, but seeing as how I can't hit their site from either of my browsers, how can I subscribe to the list? I couldn't download Plone, either, so I just built it from tarballs from an earlier installation, tarballing all the products associated with it (Plone 2.1.4, I think). Then I loaded them up in Zope 2.7.8 and got this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/www/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 673, in import_product
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/__init__.py", line 54, in ?
    import Products.ATContentTypes.content
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/content/__init__.py", line 34, in ?
    import Products.ATContentTypes.content.topic
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/content/topic.py", line 33, in ?
    from Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool import CatalogTool
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/CMFPlone/CatalogTool.py", line 27, in ?
    from Products.CMFPlone.utils import base_hasattr
ImportError: cannot import name base_hasattr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 50, in ?
    run()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 19, in run
    start_zope(opts.configroot)
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 52, in start_zope
    starter.startZope()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 231, in startZope
    Zope.startup()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 47, in startup
    # drop privileges after setting up servers
  File "/usr/local/www/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/App/startup.py", line 45, in startup
  File "/usr/local/www/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 650, in import_products
  File "/usr/local/www/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 673, in import_product
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/__init__.py", line 54, in ?
    import Products.ATContentTypes.content
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/content/__init__.py", line 34, in ?
    import Products.ATContentTypes.content.topic
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/ATContentTypes/content/topic.py", line 33, in ?
    from Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool import CatalogTool
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/CMFPlone/CatalogTool.py", line 27, in ?
    from Products.CMFPlone.utils import base_hasattr
ImportError: cannot import name base_hasattr

CMFPlone/utils.py has a class named base_hasattr, so what's the problem? Perhaps I need to delete all the *.pyc files from the other server from which I copied all these products? (Lot of work, avoiding that since I'm not sure it's necessary, and there aren't any in CMFPlone anyway.)
TIA,
Tony