[Zope] acl_users

Sean Duffy swduffy at unmc.edu
Wed Jan 3 14:41:53 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to do a batch add of users to the standard acl_users folder.

Note quite a total success or total failure just yet.

First I made a text file (usr_pwd.txt) in the form of password space username. and placed it (temporarily) in the Extensions
directory.

Then an external method (LoadUsers) to read it:

def LoadUsers(self):

  f=open('/var/lib/zope/Extensions/usr_pwd.txt', 'r')
  y=f.readlines()
  return y

And a script (user_load):

## Script (Python) "user_load"
##bind container=container
##bind context=context
##bind namespace=_
##bind script=script
##bind subpath=traverse_subpath
##parameters=
##title=
##
y=context.LoadUsers()
for x in y:
  z=x.split(' ')
  acl = container.restrictedTraverse( '/foobar/acl_users' )
  acl.userFolderAddUser( z[1], z[0], '', '' )
return 0

I hit the Test tab and now I have an acl_users folder full of users with the correct user names, and their passwords show the
correct number of characters, however I can't log in using any of the user/password combinations.

Should the path '/foobar/acl_users' been simply '/foobar/' or '/foobar' ?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean