[Zope] about make products

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 7 15:15:15 EST 2007

Allen Huang wrote at 2007-1-2 05:24 -0800:
>I starting to use Zope 2.9 and I'm told not to use ZClass anymore. Instead of make products with in zope, I should make products using python coding and place it in the product folder. But I don't know zope modules will enough to make my own product.
>
>Where should I start?

Beside the tips from other messages
there is also the "Zope Developper Guide" ("ZDG").

It describes the product development aspects as for Zope 2.4.
But few things changed until Zope 2.8. From Zope 2.8 on, and
especially with Zope 2.9 and Zope 2.10, you have also the
possibility to use Zope 3 views via "Five". You can use them
for the management of your instances in place of the formerly directly
embedded templates and actions. But everything described in
the "ZDG" still works.

--
Dieter