[Zope] saving/creating an object to an exsisting folderish object

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Sun Jan 7 22:23:17 EST 2007

Aloha,

Allen Huang wrote:

> Will... I just found out that I'm suppose to migrate to ZPT. But, I
> start with DTML to begin with and I've be doing it for the past two
> years, so it's kind hard for me to move on to xml and ZPT right off the
> bat.
>
> But the tag:attribute structure still confuses me.

I started using zope right about when TAL/ZPT was fully rolled out
(2.4.x or so)...to me the dtml structure is confusing as heck to look
at...it's all relative... :-)
Go for it, make the switch, eventually you'll be really glad you did.
Not the least because almost nobody is going to help you with dtml any
more...!
TAL is not easy reading for me either but it sure beats the alternatives.
I am easily disappointed by other web dev platforms that despite all
kinds of other sophistication (ruby-rails, alfresco etc.) still keep
using or creating yet one more HTML-munging template "language."
I mean, how 20th century is that?

cheers,
John S.

- Eco-Living -