[Zope] Isn't DTML more like what other frameworks do?

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Tue Jan 9 14:31:29 EST 2007

> As for me, I am lazy. ZPT does things in a way that few other frameworks do,
> although Ruby's Amrita2 sort of resembles ZPT.
> Displaying phantom  text in a static page  which will
> not be there dynamically is not superior to DTML.
> It is just more confusing. I have never learned ZPT
> well and I may never do so.
There is also Twiddler from Simplistix. It is something
pretty new and interesting. It claims that there is no
need to learn new templating language.

I'm not using dtml, only if I have to modify existing code,
but it is painful. Often I don't know what happens and where
from are all these variables :)
Other thing is, that AFAIR dtml is faster than ZPT.

--
Maciej Wisniowski