[Zope] Giving access to error_log.showEntry to non-Manager users

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jan 16 13:42:37 EST 2007

Andreas Jung wrote at 2007-1-15 11:35 +0100:

>--On 15. Januar 2007 11:26:27 +0100 martin.gfeller at comit.ch wrote:
>>
>> The actual access error is on 'manage_page_header' - I append the error
>> traceback.
>>

>Stuff that starts with 'manage_' always requires the Manager role.

Where did you find this?

  In my view it is not and was never right...
  There is not special protection for objects the name of which
  starts with "manage_".

  A primary counter example are the hundreds of "constructors"
  registered with "initializeClass" which traditionally are
  named "manage_addXXXX[Form]" but are protected by "Add XXX permission"
  which are often not restricted to "Manager" only.

--
Dieter