[Zope] How to get modules that are called by external methodsreloaded?

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Fri Jan 19 07:42:30 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gaute Amundsen" <gaute at div.org>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 4:36 AM
Subject: [Zope] How to get modules that are called by external
methodsreloaded?

> Subject says it sall.
> Only way I have found so far is to restart zope, and on a production
> server,
> that is not very popular. Takes about 10 minutes on ours..

AFAIK there is no way to reload a module called by an External Method
without restarting Zope.  I have encountered this situation many many times.
If at all possible you should set up a development server so that you can do
this more quickly (my restarts take about 10-15 seconds) and not impact
production users.

If you are really stuck with a single server for production and development
one possible work-around is that you could copy the module source code into
your external method, develop/debug, then move it out into its own file when
has been completed.

Jonathan