[Zope] FW: Problem Starting Zope after Installation

Ken Winter ken at sunward.org
Fri Jan 19 16:53:46 EST 2007

Thanks Bobb ~

What I got from the reference your provided is that Zope 2.9.6 requires
Python 2.4.  So, trying to be as thorough as I can in light of messages from
other forum participants, I:

1. Uninstalled Python (2.3) and Zope (2.9.6) again.
2. Deleted the remaining files from Zope instance from the previous
installation.
3. Searched for any compiled zope files (.pyc) that might be lying around.
I didn't find any that were relevant to Zope.
4. Downloaded and installed Python 2.4.4 (from python-2.4.4.msi).
5. Reinstalled Zope 2.9.6 (from Zope-2.9.6-win32.exe).
6. Doubled-clicked on C:\Zope\Instance\2.9.6\bin\runzope.bat.

...and got the same error again.  This time I attach a screen shot of just
the last few lines of the error message, which I hope will be more legible.

~ Thanks to all
~ Ken