[Zope] Zope pretends to receive and send XMLRPC data, but strace sees nothing ! (fwd)

yacine chaouche yacinechaouche at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 04:49:40 EST 2007

Hello all,

>From times to times, apparently randomly, I have the following uncaught
exception in the console :

2007-01-23 10:41:07 ERROR ZServer uncaptured python exception, closing
channel <ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_channel connected 10.75.49.51:48177 at
0x44562e6c channel#: 140 requests:> (socket.error:(104, 'Connection reset by
peer') [/opt/python2.4.2/lib/python2.4/asynchat.py|initiate_send|219]
[/opt/aef/Zope-2.9.0/lib/python/ZServer/medusa/http_server.py|send|417]
[/opt/python2.4.2/lib/python2.4/asyncore.py|send|332])

In addition, i have edited this file
:Zope-2.9.0/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py
as follows :
<code>
    def retry(self):
        print "retry called in HTTPRequest for the",self.retry_count,"time"
        self.retry_count=self.retry_count+1
        self.stdin.seek(0)
        r=self.__class__(stdin=self.stdin,
                         environ=self._orig_env,
                         response=self.response.retry()
                         )
        r.retry_count=self.retry_count
        return r
</code>

I only added a single print line to see if this method was called. And
indeed, it is ! Does anyone knows when (in what circumstances) this method
could be called ???

<console trace>
ip: 10.75.49.155 requests counting of lines 11 to 21
ip: 10.75.49.51 requests counting of lines 11 to 21
sending results to 10.75.49.155
sending results to 10.75.49.51
retry called in HTTPRequest for the 0 time
ip: 10.75.49.51 requests counting of lines 11 to 21

</console trace>

Thanks.

Y.Chaouche