[Zope] Re: zope/zeo on multiprocessor machines?

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Jan 24 18:25:59 EST 2007

cristopher pierson ewing, on 2007-01-23:
> I've been told that zope is not set up to utilize the extra processing
> power of multiproc machines.  I have a new intel x-serve with the
> dual-core dual-proc setup, and want to get the most I can out of zope.
> I've read a few articles that mention running more than one zope process
> as zeo clients sharing a single ZODB.  What isn't mentioned is any
> additional seetup needed to ensure that each zeo client uses a separate
> processor.  Is there any?  Or is this automagically handled?

A site we (Zest Software) made for a big customer runs on a dual-core
server, with some multithreading so it seems like there are 4
processors.  With one zeo client, only at most 25 percent of the
processing power was used.  We added a few zeo clients and saw the
processor a lot more active, probably approaching 100 % when all
clients are fully active.  A big improvement, with no additional setup
that I am aware of.  So it is automagically handled, yes.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/