[Zope] Session Timeout Troubles

Sale, Robin Robin.Sale at strus.com
Thu Jan 25 09:59:44 EST 2007

Hi,

We're using Zope 2.8.8 with a bunch of client sites set up in various
sub directories / databases. We're using ZEO for the database storage
and a local zodb file for the temporary data.

I've recently been asked to set the system to user sessions time out
after 15 minutes of activity. I've changed the setting in our zope.conf
file (the session timeout value) and restarted zope. However, if I open
a page on the site that requires logon and log in, then leave the
browser alone for 15 or 20 minutes or even an hour, when I click on a
link, it doesn't force me to re-authenticate... it just works as normal.

I'm hoping someone could tell me if there's other stuff I need to do to
make the session time out and force reauthentication at the server level
(rather than having to add code to every user site, as we have over 500
different ones and I'm not sure there's something common enough for me
to hook into if I have to alter code on the sites themselves to enable
this.

It's okay if I get back a response that it can't be done, but I have to
be able to provide my boss with a difinitive answer.

Thank You,
Robin Sale

Robin Sale, Software Engineer
Specialized Technology Resources, Inc.