[Zope] Session Timeout Troubles

Sale, Robin Robin.Sale at strus.com
Thu Jan 25 14:33:58 EST 2007

Dieter,

Thank you for your reply.

Originally was a customer-driven need to have them as long as possible
for some time, but now there is a management need to make sessions as
short as possible to increase security.  My big concern is that my
predecessor may have done some serious deep-down hacking to make
sessions not time out until the browser is closed to stop the whining.
He's not around anymore and I'm not as much of an expert as him.

What I'm doing:
Visit a simple HTML page that has a link to a second ... all of which is
contained within a folder that requires authenticated user to view. I go
to server:8080/page_path/page_name and have to log in. I do so, and see
the page. Now, I wait 20,30, 45 minutes, even an hour and click on the
link to server:8080/page_path/page_name2. What I WANT to happen is to be
forced to provide my credentials if it's been sitting longer than 15
minutes. What IS happening is that I simply get the page. The zope.conf
is set with a session-timeout-minutes 15.

I've looked at the debugging page in the control panel, but it doesn't
tell me anything I recognize as useful.

Robin Sale, Software Engineer
Specialized Technology Resources, Inc.
10 Water Street