[Zope] Session Timeout Troubles

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Thu Jan 25 15:55:00 EST 2007

> I'm guessing that yes, Zope is using session cookies in this setup.
> Unfortunately, the people who did the original configuration and setup
> are no longer with my company, so I can't ask directly. How would I be
> able to tell if it's set one way or another? I certainly see nothing
> about cookie auth in the zope.conf file.
This is done by your acl_users. I don't know what kind of User folder
you're using. You may see this by going to acl_users folder in ZMI and
on the top you should see something like:
'Pluggable User Folder at /path/to/acl_users'

where 'pluggable user folder' is name of your acl_users product.

Depending of what UserFolder (acl_users) you use it may be (or may not
be) possible to configure it to not to use cookies.

Another solution might be to use session hooks (script that is called
when user session expires) to logout the user or you may use different
UserFolder, eg. PAS.

--
Maciej Wisniowski