[Zope] Re: html2pdf

Garry Saddington garry at schoolteachers.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 13:34:52 EDT 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 18:19, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Garry Saddington, on 2007-07-12:
> > I am trying to use html2pdf and htmldoc to generate pdfs on the fly. I
> > can get it to work perfectly if I set all view permissions for anonymous.
> > However, this is not suitable for a member only site. Can anyone point me
> > in the right direction for such use?
> >
> > 	I am using:
> > (Zope 2.9.0, python 2.4.2, win32) and  latest version of html2pdf.
>
> I would simply say: set the view permissions to Member and not to
> Anonymous.  Then report back here with any errors you get.
In the html2pdf howto at Zope it says 'Only works with anonymous
permissions' -- just read it properly!. Probably because the htmldoc process
accesses the web page via a URL passed to it by html2pdf. So I guess I will
have to pass the rendered page to the script and hence to htmldoc. When I use
it now all I get is a nice PDF of the cookiecrumbler login screen and no
error messages in the error_log. Thanks for replying, am I on the right
lines?
Regards
Garry