[Zope] Re: html2pdf

Sam Stainsby sam at sustainablesoftware.com.au
Thu Jul 12 17:31:47 EDT 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:57:05 +0100, Garry Saddington wrote:

> I am trying to use html2pdf and htmldoc to generate pdfs on the fly. I can get
> it to work perfectly if I set all view permissions for anonymous. However,
> this is not suitable for a member only site. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction for such use?

My experience with htmldoc is that it does work for non-anonymous
HTML documents, provided that either (1) there are no images in the
document, or (2) any images in the document are visible to anonymous and
the image 'src' attributes specify the absolute URL of the image. I
strongly suspect that this is because the HTML is handed directly to the
htmldoc tool, and then htmldoc tries to access the images from you server.
It can't log in, hence the images must be anonymous.