[Zope] Problem w/ ZMySQLDA

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Sat Jul 14 18:36:01 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <tonylabarbara at aol.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:43 PM
Subject: [Zope] Problem w/ ZMySQLDA

> Hi;
> ? I just built out a new server and transfered my databases. I use Zope to
> server my web sites and ZMySQLDA to interface between the two. Everything
> seems
> to be fine. I can see the databases, the tables, the columns in the
> tables, the
> permissions are correct, etc. I hook up ZMySQLDA and that seems to be
> fine. It
> connects to the database. However, when I go to look at the pages from
> served
> the database, the browser hangs. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

You should have a MySQL_database_connection object in a folder somewhere (in
the ZMI).  The "Status" for this object should say "The database connection
is open".  There is a "Test" tab for this object in which you can enter an
sql query. If this query works ok, then the next step is to test your Z SQL
Method(s).

hth

Jonathan