[Zope] AttributeError: Can't Pin It Down!

tonylabarbara at aol.com tonylabarbara at aol.com
Sat Jul 21 14:27:58 EDT 2007

Okay, I can give you an example from a PT. It will follow. However...

1) All of these sites were working just fine when I made backups of them, which backups I installed on my new server I built.
2) I didn't edit anything. I just built and un-zexp'd (imported) everything.

So...wouldn't it seem reasonable to conclude that there is a problem OTHER than the ones I'm posting which is causing SEVERAL AttributeErrors to be thrown from completely different sites? I would have to say it coudn't possibly be otherwise, myself.

Everything else in Zope seems to be working fine. Built on FBSD 5.5 with Z 2.7.8 on Py 2.3.5

Below follows error info concerning another site with PT and a shop that says throws an AttributeError concerning "masterMarketItems". But, not only does that attr. exist, but I can surf to the shopkeeper's side of things and see the products, utilizing that very attr!

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: masterMarketItems

This error shows on a page but not in the error log!!

Below follows that which you requested, which I hope I have done correctly. I built the page only to throw the error. Again, "contact_us_form" does exist as a Formmailer object, and it lives in the very same folder.

TIA,
Tony

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard

Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 34, in new_publish

Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook

Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec

Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 222, in _exec

Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 96, in pt_render
<ZopePageTemplate at /example.com/eng/test>

Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 190, in __call__

Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret

Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 460, in do_setLocal_tal

Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 221, in evaluate
Line 7, Column 0
Expression: <PythonExpr request.contact_us_form.header()>
Names:

{'container': <Folder instance at e967c50>,

'context': <Folder instance at e967c50>,

'default': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Default instance at 0x89fbdac>,

'here': <Folder instance at e967c50>,

'loop': <SafeMapping instance at ac0f0f0>,

'modules': <Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr._SecureModuleImporter instance at 0x8a07d6c>,

'nothing': None,

'options': {'args': ()},

'repeat': <SafeMapping instance at ac0f0f0>,

'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://203.223.152.46:8080/example.com/eng/test>,

'root': <Application instance at e86af50>,

'template': <ZopePageTemplate at /example.com/eng/test>,

'traverse_subpath': [],

'user': beno}

Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
__traceback_info__: request.contact_us_form.header()

Module Python expression "request.contact_us_form.header()", line 1, in <expression>

Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1223, in __getattr__