[Zope] tal:content="structure... and unicode... How to get it work in Zope 2.10.4 ?

Andreas Elvers andreas at work.de
Wed Jul 25 08:34:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having a hard time with page templates using unicode.

Here is a simple example:

- create a page template called dejavu
Encoding is utf-8. Check also your browser character encoding to be set
to unicode as well.

- put this into the page template.:
IMPORTANT: Since this discussion is in ASCII, I can't write the correct
deja vu string here.
When testing please use the correct spelling. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejavu :-)

When I test this template i will not get deja vu but instead garbled
characters for e and a.

Why is this ?

Greetings,
- Andreas