[Zope] Re: a warning message before performing an action

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Jun 14 11:29:34 EDT 2007

Alan, on 2007-06-14:
> Dears,
>
> I have a web page with some buttons (<form action=...) to perform some
> action (by calling a python script). However, some actions (like
> 'delete' a picture for example) I would like to warn user before
> performing it. I recall from php how to pop up a window (or a drop
> down in Mac OSX) with a warning message prompting a 'Yes' or 'No'
> confirmation and I was wondering how would I do it with Zope, with an
> example if possible.

In CMFPlone the 'delete' action leads to the delete_confirmation page
template.  This asks the user if he is sure that he wants to delete
the item.  Maybe you can borrow some code from that?

See:

http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/CMFPlone/branches/2.5/skins/plone_forms/delete_confirmation.cpt

though for some reason nothing is currently visible there.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/