[Zope] how to restore a copied instance.

Tudor Gabriel tdrgabi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:41:51 EDT 2007

hi, i needed to reinstall my zope site on another computer so i installed
(in debian) plone-site using aptitude ... it automatically makes a new
instance and starts the server.

after that i
stopped the server ... and copied my site (instance folder) from the
other computer over this one.

when i start /etc/init.d/zope2.9 start ... it doesn't complain , but i can't
open the site. (same instance names, same port number )

i tryied another aproach ... copied back the default installed instance ...
and only overwritten the var folder with the data from the original site.

this way i hoped that Data.fs which contained all my objects ... will
automatically become visible.

it doesn't work this way either, it only sees the default objects, i can
access the site ... but all my objects are not visible.

grep shows that the names of the objects & folders are still in Data.fs ...
so they exist ... i think i missed one configuration somewhere ... to make
the folders added by me visible.

do you know how can i achieve that?