[Zope] New class, no access to manage_propertiesForm etc.

Winterflood, Jonathan jonathan.winterflood at capgemini.com
Tue Jun 26 09:37:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have created a new class in my product, but I can't access the
PropertyManager pages for it:

import Persistence

from OFS.PropertyManager import PropertyManager

# Zope security infrastructure

from Globals import InitializeClass

from AccessControl import ClassSecurityInfo

class MyClass(Persistence.Persistent,PropertyManager):

    """

    L'objet d'interfacage

    """

    # Properties are default are persistent typed attributes with
builtin form

    # management in the ZMI

    _properties = (

        {'id':'remote_email', 'type':'string', 'mode': 'w'},

        {'id':'local_email', 'type':'string', 'mode': 'w'},

    )

    # default values

    remote_email = ''

    local_email = ''

    # Tabs that are displayed in the ZMI (inherited from the base
classes)

    manage_options = (PropertyManager.manage_options)

    # Let me see those pages

    __ac_permissions__=(('Manage properties', ('manage_addProperty',

                                               'manage_editProperties',

                                               'manage_delProperties',

'manage_changeProperties',

                                               'manage_propertiesForm',

'manage_propertyTypeForm',

'manage_changePropertyTypes',

                                               )

                       ))

    def __init__(self):

        pass

    security = ClassSecurityInfo()

    security.declarePublic('show')

    def show(self):

        return str(self)

InitializeClass(MyClass)

An instance of this class is held as an attribute of a tool in the
product.

class DBRTool(UniqueObject, SimpleItem, ActionProviderBase,
PropertyManager):

    """Tool for some logic of the DBR site"""

    def __init__(self):

        # interfacage

        self.myInstance = MyClass()

Accessing http://.../portal_dbrtool/myInstance shows str(myInstance),
but http://.../portal_dbrtool/myInstance/manage_propertiesForm
<http://.../portal_dbrtool/myInstance/manage_propertiesForm>  shows "You
are not authorized to access this resource."  After a login that cannot
be satisfied.

The manage_options and __ac_permissions__ are set according to the
instructions in PropertyManager.

Where am I going wrong? How can I access these pages?

TIA,

Jonathan