[Zope] Re: how to restore a copied instance.

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at rice.edu
Tue Jun 26 10:57:04 EDT 2007

Tudor Gabriel wrote:
> hi, i needed to reinstall my zope site on another computer so i
> installed (in debian) plone-site using aptitude ... it automatically
> makes a new instance and starts the server.
>
> after that i
> stopped the server ... and copied my site (instance folder) from the other computer over this one.
>

> when i start /etc/init.d/zope2.9 start ... it doesn't complain , but i
> can't open the site. (same instance names, same port number )

Use 'zopectl fg' to run it in the foreground and see what errors you get.

> i tryied another aproach ... copied back the default installed instance
> ... and only overwritten the var folder with the data from the original
> site.
>
> this way i hoped that Data.fs which contained all my objects ... will
> automatically become visible.
>
> it doesn't work this way either, it only sees the default objects, i can
> access the site ... but all my objects are not visible.

It's generally much more helpful if you say exactly what is not
"visible" -- and where. As is, this is pretty much information-free.

> grep shows that the names of the objects & folders are still in Data.fs
> ... so they exist ... i think i missed one configuration somewhere ...
> to make the folders added by me visible.
>
> do you know how can i achieve that?

You may be missing a Product. Visit the Zope Control Panel and look for
a "broken box".

Alternately, are there broken object icons in the ZMI for those objects
which are not "visible"?

         --jcc

--
Connexions