[Zope] Mac OS X Server StartupItem for Zope

Hugo Ramos ramosh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 19:40:08 EDT 2007

These worked for me:

cat /Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope

#!/bin/sh

##
# Zope Web Application Server
##

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
    if [ "${ZOPESERVER:=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
        ConsoleMessage "Starting Zope Application Server"
        /www/Zope-2.10.3/inst1/bin/zopectl start
    fi
}

StopService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Stopping Zope Application Server"
    /www/Zope-2.10.3/inst1/bin/zopectl stop
}

RestartService ()
{
    if [ "${ZOPESERVER:=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
        ConsoleMessage "Restarting Zope Application Server"
        /www/Zope-2.10.3/inst1/bin/zopectl restart
    fi
}

RunService "$1"

cat /Library/StartupItems/Zope/StartupParameters.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Description</key>