[Zope] Re: returning a macro from a pythonscript

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Fri Mar 2 10:42:10 EST 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 13:35, jerome prudent wrote:
> What do you want to do with your macro?

The usual. Have it display some html :)
I return remplates from scripts all the time, and find it very usefull.

return index_html(foo=bar)

On Friday 02 March 2007 13:41, Tonico Strasser wrote:
> Gaute Amundsen schrieb:
> > foo = restrictedTraverse('/foo/bar/index.html/macros/mymacro')
>
> You can use this macro in a template.

Yes, I know.
I could have a "wrapper template" containing only the "use macro", and return
that instead, but that's a bit ugly, and just what I wanted to avoid.

The purpose of this is to reuse part of a "regular" template in an ajax call.

Gaute.