[Zope] invalid property value: wrapped object

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Thu Mar 8 13:20:38 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Monta" <apbmonta at yahoo.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] invalid property value: wrapped object

> Can someone help me read this?  The error_log says:
>
> ---
> Traceback (innermost last):
>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
>  Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>  Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 126, in __call__
>  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
>  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
>  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
>  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
>   - __traceback_info__: AAContractZClass_add
>  Module <string>, line 2, in f
>  Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 119, in __call__
>  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
>  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
>  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
>   - __traceback_info__: REQUEST
>  Module <string>, line 2, in f
>  Module OFS.PropertySheets, line 407, in manage_editProperties
>  Module OFS.PropertySheets, line 218, in _updateProperty
>  Module OFS.PropertySheets, line 179, in _wrapperCheck
> ValueError: Invalid property value: wrapped object
> ---
>
> I don't know how to read that.  What line number is flagged as the
> problem?
>
>>From the log's "other" information, the only thing that looks weird is
> this:
>
> lpn <Folder instance at 8e8a200>
>
> That should be a string instead of a folder instance.  My form said
> this:

> <th align="right">Is this an LPN program?</th>
> otherwise, leave it blank.</td>
>
> That is passed to a method that says this:
>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('lpn', lpn)">
>
> And the constructor method simply says:
>
> <dtml-with "AAContractZClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],
> REQUEST)">
>  <dtml-call
> "propertysheets.aacontract_properties.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
>  <dtml-call reindex_object>
> </dtml-with>

You have a form variable called 'lpn'. When the dtml method receives the
form information 'lpn' is already in REQUEST.

It looks like you also have a folder called 'lpn'. This stmt: <dtml-call
"REQUEST.set('lpn', lpn)">  is causing zope to load a reference to the lpn
folder into REQUEST.

When you get to the ...createInObjectManager... stmt, REQUEST contains 2
versions of 'lpn' and the folder version is being used instead of the form
version.

Try removing the <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('lpn', lpn)"> stmt.

Jonathan