[Zope] External Methods and Authentication error

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Thu Mar 8 14:46:14 EST 2007

> (Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:11:07PM -0500) Jonathan wrote/schrieb/egrapse:
>> If there is an alternative approach I would really like to know about it!
>
> I already mentioned that there is an alternative approach. There is a
> Zope product ready to download and install. Just search for it, I don't
> remember the name offhand, though it might be something as simple as
> "zopecounter".

I found hit counter concept on zopelabs
(http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/991116439 for anyone who is interested)
that uses an sql db to store/retrieve frequently updated information.

I am going to modify the application to use an external mysql db instead of
constantly updating objects in the zodb.

Thanks for the catch!

Jonathan