[Zope] Two mysql / timestamp related fixes

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Fri Mar 9 02:44:04 EST 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007 17:27, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Gaute Amundsen schrieb:
> > Hi.
<snip>
> > 1 )
> > First I got a ValueError 'query' when using a very simple zsql method.
> > (consisting of only "<dtml-var sql >")
>
> Thats a very bad idea. Better make zsql methods
> for every query

I know the orthodoxy :-/
I'd rather have a proper DB library, (or model layer, if you will)
and build my SQL in python.

To build anything complex or generalized in dtml is a PAIN.
And a sea of too specific templates is even worse.

> instead of
> rebuilding your own (obviously not working)
> templating for SQL.

I's not a template, it's a wrapper to get around the whole mess.
A hack in fact ;)

If a template this simple "<dtml-var sql >" is "obviously not working"
then it is ZSQLMethods that have a problem, not me.

(it's working fine now.)

> Quoting is done automatically
> when you use <dtml-sqlvar ...>

I can use sql_quote when I need to, thankyou.

The only thing that I worry about is transaction support.
"insert foo; select last_inserted" works when built inside the template with
dtml, but not with the exact same statement passed to this "wrapper".
Probably another bug, but I have not taken time to dig properly into it yet.

Gaute