[Zope] problem with manage_importObject

Fabio Marcone fabio.marcone at duet.it
Mon Mar 12 07:40:09 EDT 2007

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>>> I have a problem using manage_importObject?file=... with zope2.9.
>>> In particular: object is successfully imported but if I shutdown and
>>> then reboot the server, I don't see anymore imported object. If I import
>>> the same object using web form "Import/Export" I have not this strange
>>> behavior.
>
> Are you calling manage_importObject from Python code? Are you sure the
> transaction is committed? If you're calling this in some external script
> (such as a script run via "zopectl run") without starting a "normal" web
> request you may have to explicitly commit the transaction.
>
> jens

perhaps this is the problem...
in fact /var/lib/zope2.9/instance/myinstance/var is empty after
importObject operation using python script.

but the commit has been introduced in zope 2.9?
I use the same code in zope2.7 without problem.
in a python script I use:
zopeClient('http://localhost:9673/manage_importObject?file=app.zexp',myuser,mypassword)

where zopeClient is:
	def zopeClient(url,username,passwd):