[Zope] Redirecting

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) jonathan.mark at integic-hc.com
Tue Mar 13 13:20:58 EDT 2007

tonylabarbara at aol.com wrote:
"""Ugh. JS redirects create problems with the search engines. What I really want to do is "fill the hole in the doughnut","""

The Ajax way to do that is by using the DOM to change the node dynamically behind the scenes. A recent article on Reddit showed that, indeed, Google ignores Javascript redirects.

By the way, the major buzz on Reddit.com is for Python (yay!) and Ruby. Within Python the major buzz is for Django. Other Python frameworks, including Zope, don't get mentioned. We may be heading towards a statis in which the lion's share of Python web framework development is done in Django.

That is in some ways good for Zope, however, No one knows whether Grok will come along and compete with Django, but in the meantime Django is keeping Python's profile high. Perhaps Django is holding the door open for Grok.