[Zope] Re: catalog aware not working.. help

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:23:13 EDT 2007

Hi,

> Keep in mind that you really should be using CatalogPathAware not
> CatalogAware, or you will run into trouble with absolute_url() and
> virtual hosting.
Does it make a difference? If you go to
<Zope_home>/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/CatalogPathAwareness.py

You will see that CatalogPathAwareness.CatalogPathAware is a subclass of
CatalogPathAwareness.CatalogAware with no code at all. I'm in deed using
CatalogAware as base class of a python product in a virtual hosting
environment and haven't noticed any problem.