[Zope] Re: Help me some error when I complie Zope!

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Fri Mar 23 04:20:28 EDT 2007

Duc Toan schrieb:
> I'm using WindowsXP, Python 2.4.3, Visual Studio 2005. When I complie Zope
> 2.9.6 from source, it alway alert:
>
> running build_ext
> creating zope.proxy
> copying zope/proxy\proxy.h -> zope.proxy
> error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed before building
> extensions for Python.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\Python24\python.exe' : return code '0x1'
> Stop.
>

> Somebody help me solve this problem. Don't say me install .NET Framework,
> because I installed VS2005 include .NET Framework(I think so)

The Windows Python binary (2.4 and 2.5) is built with Visual Studio
2003, compiling Zope needs the same compiler. The free VisualC++ Toolkit
2003 is not available for download anymore since mid 2006, its been
replaced by the free Visual Studio 2005 Express.

What you can do without further problems is: install cygwin (or MingW),
compile Python from source with cygwin, finally compile Zope from source
under cygwin.

This is atm also the only way to get Python eggs with C extensions
compiled under Windows.

Hth,
Michael

--