[Zope] How can I reset zope time???

flem flem at bjerke.dk
Fri Mar 23 07:20:12 EDT 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:03:55 +0100
Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> No. Import will also generate new database modification times. It
> will only make things worse.
>
> This issue appears when product authors naively use the database
> modification time instead of defining their own field in which to
> store modification time data.
I don't think the zwiki-people know this.

> They would have full control if they
> used their own time stamps. Most product authors simply don't know
> what the possible consequences are, or when/how the database
> modification timestamps are changing.

I am a bit confused. My zopeserver runs fine, and all undos have been erased. What I want is to be able to create an object in the zmi which has the correct creation date (e.g. 23rd March 12.20 pm) in the zmi (and the undo history as well). Is this simply impossible because the timestamp in the zodb is always automatically adjusted to the latest date associated to the objects already created (i.e. 12th December 2007)?

Flemming