[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] Zope 2.8.9, Zope 2.9.7, Zope 2.10.3 released

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Mar 26 17:11:01 EDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> > Releasing software as a security fix that does not even start makes you
> > look like a moron, I am sorry to say.

Calling people morons makes you look like one, I'm afraid.

The bug had only indirectly to do with the recent security fix. The
startup problem only occurred when running Zope in managed mode,
something most developers never do because you normally want to see
the Zope log output when developing, so you catch problems early. So
the problem was limited to a special-cased method declaration that
only gets run in a deployment setting.

This was one of those rare cases of bad luck, as the developer in
question was not aware of the fact that this one special-cased method
was not covered by a unit or functional test.

--
Martijn Pieters