[Zope] running Zope/Plone on a Windows Virtual Machine?

knitti knitti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:16:54 EST 2007

On 11/7/07, michael nt milne <michael.milne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried this or had any experience with this? We're using Enfold
> Server and for staging and development purposes instead of using separate
> machines we're thinking of setting up a 'virtual machines' on the same
> server. There appear to be many benefits. However knowing
> that Zope/Plone are RAM instensive this
> could be an issue.

There is no issue in running Zope in Windows _or_ running Zope inside a VM.
It does need the same amount of RAM as running it not inside a VM. Whether
that counts as "RAM intensive" or not depends on what you do with it and
whether you have a comparison to another application.

VMs tend to have a bit lower performance per MHz, so if you can live with that
(and have the RAM to feed the VM) go ahead. You can later decide to put it
on a dedicated machine anyway.

--knitti