[Zope] Frustrated with Python and Frameworks. Zope, Grok, Django, CherryPy

Tom Von Lahndorff tom at modscape.com
Tue Nov 27 09:45:05 EST 2007

Zope2 + DTML + Python and you're good to go. I know a bunch of
developers/designers, including myself that use this combo all the
time. I currently use it for projects at a Fortune 500 company. The
docs suck but once you get in the groove you can bang out solid,
stable, good looking, standard compliant sites unbelievably fast.
Acquisition can be your best friend and you reuse a lot of your coding
for multiple projects. There are still developers on this list who use
DTML over ZPT, they just dont post much to it because of the ZPT
backlash you get when you do. I've gotten private messages off this
list from people though about DTML so there is support out there. Its
true that most of the products for Zope 2 have been updated in a while
but I can tell you that most will work fine with the latest Zope 2
release and are very customizable. The Zope2 ecosystem is pretty
mature and stable just poorly documented or supported. I do think
you'll probably get the "Zope Zen" quicker than you think and be able
to figure out a lot on your own.