[Zope] Frustrated with Python and Frameworks. Zope, Grok, , Django, CherryPy

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Nov 28 09:58:34 EST 2007

Hey,

On Nov 28, 2007 12:16 AM, Martijn Jacobs <martijn at fourdigits.nl> wrote:
> > We could also consider putting them in some kind
> >  of collective-like SVN repository so that people can
> > make changes when they need to.
>
> I think this is a great idea as it works with the Plone collective this
> way as well.

Just to make it utterly clear: this stuff won't happen by itself. We
need a bunch of self-driven volunteers to do this work: look up
the relevant codebases, contact their authors, check them into a SVN
if they look orphaned (if they aren't of course don't fork them!) and
make an index page describing what is going on. This can be done
independently from zope.org, and should later become part of the
zope.org website.

You will need a SVN repository somewhere. svn.zope.org could be used
if you have committer access, but it would
be somewhat restricted as GPL-ed products can't be placed in there.
Anyway, all these questions I'm thinking of now someone else should
take the lead on, as it won't be me. :)

Once you figure out who are going to take the lead on this project,
please *do* let me know so I can keep in touch with you guys.

Regards,

Martijn