[Zope] HTML forms inside a Zsearch method

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Nov 29 15:50:21 EST 2007

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "selection button" but as far as a
checkbox the value will exist or not.  that is to say that if the box is
checked then the value and variable will exist.  if the box is not checked
then there is nothing.  At least this is what I have found with forms and
Zope.  I try to avoid checkboxes and use radio buttons and have a default
selected, that way there is always a variable and value.

I created a document on my server called formtest and it only contains

<dtml-var REQUEST>

You may want to do the same and set your action for that page to see test
results of your form, what is passed and what isn't.

Thomas

On Thursday 29 November 2007 01:03, sujitha mary wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know how to set action for a selection button and checkbox
> inside the table that displays the data from the database.I have created a
> checkbox and selection button inside the template generated by Zsearch
> method uisng HTML code.I don't know how to set the value of the check box
> to the value that is fetched from database.Plz provide some help

>  Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  As videos could be 25 pictures
per second and might last several minutes, how many words is that?
- Linux Journal, July 2007

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/