[Zope] Weird hangs on zope/plone.

Samuel Abreu de Paula samuel at debian-ce.org
Tue Oct 9 13:50:08 EDT 2007

2007/10/9, Maciej Wisniowski <maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl>:
> > I set the number of threads:
> >     zserver-threads 25
> > I set:
> >     pool-size 27
> > on <zodb_db main>
> I think you should rather use ZEO than raise number of threads to such a
> big value. Also there are some rules about pool-size. I don't remember
> exactly but seems to me that it is too small, but
> in general I suppose it has nothing to do with your problem...
>

> Situation you're seeing may appear if there is something that blocks
> all your threads, like all threads are waiting for RDBMS response...
>

> > How can i run some kind of debug on zope (debug-mode on dont log
> > anything more) to check this next time happen?
> Use DeadlockDebugger and if this doesn't help try:
> http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1073504990
>
> --
> Maciej Wisniowski

When i google it i find a post somewhere saying about increase the
number of threads and the number of the pool, but nothing about this
limitation! :(

I will test DeadlockDebugger, but the main problem is only happen in
the morning (around 8:00am-10:00am.

2007/10/9, Peter Bengtsson <peter at fry-it.com>:
> Are you using any SQL connections or anything like that inside the Zope?

Not SQL, but LDAP yes.

2007/10/9, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>:

> You can try to analyse problems like this with the
> "DeadlockDebugger".
>
> If the "DeadlockDebugger", too, does no longer respond,
> you need a C level debugger to attach to your Zope.
>
> This requires a Python build with debugging symbols (this
> is the default when you yourself have built Python)
> and some internal knowledge (come back should you need it).
> --
> Dieter

Thanks, if deadlockdebugger dont solve i will try gdb!

2007/10/9, Brian Sullivan <briansullivan at gmail.com>:
> DeadlockDebugger certainly helped me in a similar situation.
>
> I went through similar blind flailing machinations - modifying threads
> and pool sizes (in the end I found not a Zope or Plone coding problem
> but some of my Javascript code was inadvertently occasionally causing
> a tight looped remote access of a generated page --effectively a self
> inflicted DOS attack!)

Ok, it wasnt me who code the custom product of the site, i will try
what was mentioned here and tomorrow i reply on the list.

ty all! ^^