[Zope] How to use Zope2 products in Zope3 ?

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadics.org
Tue Oct 9 15:10:52 EDT 2007

Andreas Jung wrote:
>> so how in Z3 does one do the equivalent of
>> -- DTMLMethod
> There is also DTML support in Zope 3 but why do you need DTML???
Maybe I don't need it... but there are lots of DTML examples out there,
plus I have some things already working on Zope2 installation here. I'm
in test/review/compare/learn cycle at the moment.
Was hoping for some fast copy'n'paste between  versions. My main  effort
will be in the userclient AS3.0 dev.. On the Zope side it's more about
organizinng minimal pieces. IF I knew how, I'd love to write theentire
ZMI in Flash. AS3.0 in Flex especially has great data binding. For
example cool drag'n'drop trees with lovely E4X  syntax for XML.

The site tree admin in ZMI could be as nice to use as the live flex
examples in this drag'n'drop tree component article shows:

Going further one can use AIR and have drag'n'drop access on the desktop
Interfacing that to Zope3 would make the basis for a superb CMSWikiLog++

      AIR-to-Desktop Drag-and-Drop: Two Simple Utility Classes

download demo

>> -- PythonScript
>> -- ExternalMethod
> Write a browser view.
ok thanks..
So now I'm googling for "How to write a Zope3 browser view?"
Wondering has anyone done this already.. seems like it must be basic to
using Zope3
lots more to learn
Any suggestions where best to learn how to do this?
Has anyone written a glossary for Zope 3 concepts & terminology for Zope
2 users?