[Zope] searching with foreign characters in the ZCatalog

Wohnlich, Eric (IMS) WohnlichE at imsweb.com
Wed Oct 10 15:42:05 EDT 2007

As far as I can tell, using any of the default index types that come with Zope 2 (FieldIndex, TextIndex, whatever) if you do a search for "Jurgen" it will not match "Jürgen".  In my opinion, this is correct - "Jurgen" is spelled incorrectly.  However, I am having some clients push hard to have it behave differently.  From what I've looked at, I haven't seen a way to make FieldIndex ignore or somehow manipulate "special" characters, nor have I seen any products that provide a new index type to specifically deal with this.  Does anyone know if there is something out there to help with this?

Eric

Information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for the addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the addressee(s), or an employee or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender of the error.