[Zope] Problems with my ZMI

Ken Winter ken at sunward.org
Thu Sep 27 17:15:57 EDT 2007

A year or so after installing this installation of Zope, I'm suddenly having
trouble opening Python Scripts and Page Templates for editing in my ZMI.
(Zope 2.9.6-final, python 2.4.3, win32.)  Specifically:

1.	When I click on the name of a script, I get this message:

Site error

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The errors
were:

Error Type

IndexError

Error Value

string index out of range

Request made at

2007/09/27 17:06:33.640 GMT-4

2.	When I click on the name of a Template, the template's Edit tab
opens, but the field containing the template body is shrunk to its minimal
size (3 rows high x a few characters wide).  An attempt to fix this by
hitting (for example) the "Wider" button evokes:

Site error

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The errors
were:

Error Type

ValueError

Error Value

invalid literal for int():

Request made at

2007/09/27 17:11:33.375 GMT-4

Restarting Zope doesn't help.

Any fix for this?  (Preferably a fix that don't involve reinstalling Zope
and everything else built upon it.)

In the meantime, any workarounds that will enable me to edit my objects?

~ TIA

~ Ken