[Zope] tunneling via ...

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Fri Sep 28 23:28:59 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007, David Bear wrote:
>I am in a situation will I may soon need to outsource the running of
>my apache server. This may be a good thing. However, I cannot
>outsource the running of my zope server. So I have the situation where
>apache will be running on a separate box from my zope server and I am
>wondering how to make sure I have a secure connection between the
>apache server that I don't control that will be using modproxy/rewrite
>rules to get content out of my zope server.
>
>Currently, zope only binds to 127.0.0.1 and apacy proxy connects.
>
>Using a remote apache server implies that I will need to have zope
>listen on a public interface. However, I will still need to secure it
>so I was considering openssl or something like that.

Can you use openvpn to create a tunnel between the apache server
and your zope server, then run zope on a private interface?

Bill

there is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in
the introduction of a new order of things.  Because the innovator has
for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions,
and lukewarm defenders in those who may do well under the new.
    -- Machiavelli