[Zope] ZServer uncaptured python exception

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 04:25:47 EDT 2008

Allen Schmidt Sr. wrote:
> Running logtail on a ZEO client, I am seeing lots of these.
> And our two public clients are pegging the server at 99% almost
> continuously. Not sure why.
>
> 2008-04-01T09:54:09 ERROR(200) ZServer uncaptured python exception,
> closing channel <ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_channel connected
> 8.7.96.136:56350 at 0xb63d7a6c channel#: 800 requests:4>
> (socket.error:(104, 'Connection reset by peer')

This exception is annoying in that it's pretty meaningless.
Clients disconnecting midway through may be quite a normal thing and
it's annoying there's no way to catch this exception if you want to.

In your case, I'd guess that your load has recently gone way up (maybe a
search engine spider, some other spider of people with M$ Office
installed hammering your site for webdav requests) but I wouldn't worry
about these...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk