[Zope] External Method in Zope

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Apr 7 05:27:28 EDT 2008

On Apr 7, 2008, at 11:23 , vaibhav pol wrote:
> Thanks  alot
> but i am not using command but i using perl function to modify the
> passwd and shadow file. in my module that's why i want to invoke
> that module as root

There's a few things seriously wrong with your plan:

  - you want to create a way to manipulate a system's password/shadow
files through the web by a web application. That's insane to begin
with. Just don't do it. Have you ever thought about the security
implications?

  - doing Perl methods or external methods in Zope has been deprecated
years and years ago. You will have a hard time finding anyone to
support that.

jens