[Zope] Authentication after proxy

Sascha Welter zopelist at betabug.ch
Mon Apr 7 12:17:30 EDT 2008

(Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 06:11:33AM +0200) Andreas Jung wrote/schrieb/egrapse:

> --On 6. April 2008 20:46:57 -0400 "Maslak, Michael"
> <Michael.Maslak at gdit.com> wrote:
>
> > I have put the Zope server behind a reverse proxy using ssl. I think I
> > have some of the Apache certificate problems solved. Zope asks me to
> > authenticate once after accepting the ssl cert. But then it asks me to
> > authenticate again and there are more certs to be accepted. I'm sure
> > this is a common enough situation: Zope behind Apache rewrite rules on
> > the target server that all lives behind a proxy server, all using ssl.
>
> Please provide your configuration with the rewrite rules.
> The rules for putting  Zope behind Apache doing SSL are basically the same
> compared to a standard setup without SSL.

... and then, problems with Apache, Zope, and RewriteRules are
almost totally in the realm of FAQs and "resolved problems", please
consult the relevant docs at:
http://wiki.zope.org/zope2/ZopeAndApache
(if you still have problems, see especially the section "Debugging,
Common Pitfalls, Problems") and then get your rewrite rules from the witch:
http://betabug.ch/zope/witch

The browser presenting multiple certs IMHO points to the rewriterule not
being right and subsequent page elements being requested with different
subdomains due to that.

Regards,

Sascha