[Zope] Re: i18n/L10n support in zope2

harshad behere hbehere at zeomega.com
Thu Apr 10 02:28:52 EDT 2008

Maurits,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I tried i18n:translate="", it works fine.

But if I change domain (e.g i18n:domain="mydomain") it doesn't work. Is
domain attribute is related to the domain specified in .po file, coz the
example .po file which comes with PlacelessTranslationService has domain
as 'PlacelessTranslationService' and if I used same it works fine.

Actually I used i18n:target after reading -
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZPTInternationalizationExamples. I do
understand that these are zope3 examples, but just thought of giving
try. While searching further I found -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/142771 which gives hint that
i18n:target not supported at least for Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, win32

I will try to check for incoming browser headers, but does zope provides
any inbuilt method to do so ?

Thank you,
Harshad.