[Zope] anyone heard of Zamasing?

Tim Nash thedagdae at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 14:46:27 EDT 2008

@Garito,
  I hope you have another  release of ZSM. I really appreciate new
developer tools for zope like your ZSM and Zamasing. I am pretty
confident that the zope 3 crowd will eventually put back TTW,  simple
ZMI etc. (but hopefully not too much acquisition....the great idea
that almost ruins zope 2).

Google is very close to making the business layer scalable, they have
been studying salesforce.com for some time now. When they conquer that
technical hurdle, huge ASP's will probably dominate computing
(especially in China). Easily distributed and maintained web services
like zope 2 may be one of the few remaining ways to compete with
monster ASP's. The zope 3 crowd will come back around with an even
better zope.

 @Phil,
   I think you will find the "product" learning curve isn't that steep
at all. The famous z-shaped curve has more to do with the lack of
up-to-date documentation than anything else. Products are the way to
go. It is very much like wriitng 'Scripts Python'. I am going to put a
simple 'boring' product on the zope.org site (if they let me) which
will show how to use zope and extjs for anyone who is interested.
Looking forward to your "proof of concept"

-Tim