[Zope] anyone heard of Zamasing?

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Fri Apr 18 02:03:40 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

Tim Nash wrote:
>  @Phil,
>    I think you will find the "product" learning curve isn't that steep
> at all. The famous z-shaped curve has more to do with the lack of
> up-to-date documentation than anything else. Products are the way to
> go. It is very much like wriitng 'Scripts Python'. I am going to put a
> simple 'boring' product on the zope.org site (if they let me) which
> will show how to use zope and extjs for anyone who is interested.
> Looking forward to your "proof of concept"

Know it is the way to go - seems hard because I'm an RDBMS developer not
a Python coder, has been a long time coming as the stuff I do in the ZMI
really is mostly "glue" - not so complex that the classic management
issues of ZMI have bitten me particularly hard.

Motivation for going Products route is need to share (and thus improve!)
ideas, and need to package code up for use by others as we grow our
business. Starting point is currently the "Beta Boring" product by
Betabug (Thanks Sascha!)

Am taking a week's break from my consulting gig next week, so will be on
with writing this up after today.

--

Regards,

PhilK

'work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation'
- alasdair gray