[Zope] ZClasses deprecation and upgrades

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Aug 11 09:51:23 EDT 2008

--On 11. August 2008 08:44:21 -0500 Behrens Matt - Grand Rapids
<Matt.Behrens at Kohler.Com> wrote:

> I am wondering about is the nature of the problems with ZClasses that
> led to their deprecation.  If I move a 2.5.1 installation to 2.11, are
> my several existing ZClass-based products going to break in any known
> way I should be aware of?  Should I consider a last-known-good upgrade
> target instead?

Nobody can tell you or promise that your code will work in Zope 2.11. So
you have to try it yourself. It it won't work, try with an older major
release.
Upgrading worked for some users, not for others..so you must investigate
yourself.

Andreas