[Zope] Need some help to get rid of an InvalidObjectReference exception

chaouche yacine yacinechaouche at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 13:46:33 EDT 2008

> You understand that _v_ attributes are only available in
> the thread they
> were created, and will disappear when the object leaves the
> object
> cache.
>
> If you manage to get a 2nd thread there will be nothing in
> the _v_
> attribute, or wait 10 or so mins between requests...
>
> --
> Andrew Milton
> akm at theinternet.com.au

Yes this could be dangerous, but in my case these volatile attributes need not to be in the cache for a very long time, it's just a matter of 3 or 4 clicks in about half a dozen of minutes. But yeah, I'll really have to be careful about that, or to recreate them if they're gone (hence the setattr and getattr to make sure there's something in self._v_something and create one  if there's not)